Sunday, June 10, 2018

Second Place Stitching

I am in a place where stitching comes second.

Summer is here:  lots of yardwork after the plumbers tore up the yard to hook us into the city sewer.

DH recovering from major surgery:  double duty for yours truly.

24 hour stomach upset:  just me, thank goodness; 48 hour recovery.

Ponderosa pine pollen:  all over the place, leaving us with headaches and sneezes.  It looks like yellow snow on the cars, furniture, kitchen counters, etc.  Lots of dusting to do every day.

Ponderosa pollen covers everything with yellow dust.
Clearly sewing takes second, third or fourth place in this scenario.  However, free motion thinking proceeds as usual, and I think I finally came up with a solution for quilting four, black blocks in my quilt.  I tried it on the actual quilt and below is the result.

Top motif on the black square has been the troublemaker.
Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you inspiration that solves your problems.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found that solution for those black blocks. I, too, had a break through with my Quilter's Block today, and I'm just buzzing away. SO happy! Hope the pollen subsides for you soon - pine pollen is the absolute pits! Just sew/quilt when you can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good when an idea pans out. It is tedious to quilt, but makes me happy to see the resultsl.

      Delete
  2. That's some fantastic quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am please with the results. Now to get the plainer, more tedious stitching done.

      Delete
  3. Nice job on your quilting, Mardi. I hope everyone is feeling better at your house again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting looks beautiful and you have really had a busy month, hopefully Mardi, you'll have more time for quilting next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my hopes and stitch when I can. At least we are all feeling more like ourselves these days. I even got the house cleaned today. Now time to see if I remember how to sew!

      Delete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...