Monday, July 16, 2018

Apologies!

So sorry.  No quilting this week.  I am cleaning up a horrible, ugly mess of tree branches that have piled up over the years.  They are the result of fire mitigation as we live in a dry climate and summer is dangerous for us even though we live up in the mountains.  One to two hours in the morning wielding a chain saw and loppers, building a log stack, and burning the little stuff has left me like a pile of jello by noon.  No sewing under those conditions so I am doing genealogy research.  I don't need a seam ripper for that, just the delete key.

We are enjoying this year's batch of mule deer fawns.  One day the mama left her speckled twins in our care as she went off to forage for awhile.  This is normal behavior and the little ones stay put until mom returns.  Some people think they have been abandoned, but that is not so.  Don't ever try to handle  or "rescue" them.  Instead enjoy them from a distance as a precious gift..



Sew some happy seams this week or enjoy the gifts of summertime.


7 comments:

  1. Such pretty little deer! And right in your back yard. Such simple things bring so much joy.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see! I live where we see deer occasionally; however, the Mom does not leave her fawns in our yard to protect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little deer, thanks for sharing these sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos of the deer. They are such gorgeous creatures. It makes me sick to think that some people hunt them for sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the hunting just "for sport," but most people out here use the meat and of course it is all regulated by license to prevent over-hunting. We have a friend with beautiful animal heads on his wall that he had hunted. However, they ate all the meat from each of the animals so nothing went to waste.

      Delete
  5. We have a family of three out side our back yard. If we get up really early we can see them. And the coyotes are out there at night so the babies need to be snug in bed by then! And I live in the City of Baton Rouge too! LOL. Not in the country...….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were feeding on my wildflower garden at dusk the other night. I worried about them getting settled for the night, but their mom was keeping a close eye on them. She knows we won't hurt them.

      Delete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...