Monday, November 19, 2018

Baby Bear

I need something to do during the holidays when I will be visiting family so I am taking my freshly repaired sewing machine to make a baby quilt for my first great-grandchild, a boy.  He is arriving in March so I have plenty of time.  It will be a fleece, rag quilt that looks like a bear.

Teddy bear baby blanket.
I ordered a pattern from an Etsy site and am so disappointed.  The pattern isn't exactly like this photo, but close enough.  The directions are sketchy and there is no photo.  It was advertised as a book (I thought), but came as two typewritten pages of "directions" and a big sheet with the the pattern pieces drawn out.  Fortunately, I have been sewing since the beginning of time and will make adjustments as I go along.  I have figured out how to make a rag quilt from U-tube tutorials.  I picked up a bunch of fleece that will give this baby lots to look at, and the rag seam edging will give texture for his little fingers to feel.  The backing is a soft, green...quiet and peaceful for those times when he needs quiet and less stimulation.  I can pack all my stuff into my Tuto bag with my machine, and my knitting needs will fit in there too.

Lots of fleece.
Until I looked at the above photo I didn't realize I had gotten two fabrics with dog paws.  I was mostly looking for bright colors.  It will fit right in though because the family has three dogs!  I should be able to give this to them for Christmas.

What are you thankful for this week?  I am thankful, among other things, for my large family.  They are so much fun, so caring and so loving.

Eat lots of turkey, trimmings and pie, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...