Monday, January 7, 2019

On My Way to the Sewing Room..........

On the way to the sewing room.....I tangled with a space heater, landed hard and now I think my big toe may be broken.  I'll see the doc tomorrow, but right now it is colorful, swollen and exquisitely painful.  I was planning to get the mess cleaned up.  Oh, you say, "What mess?"  When we went off for 6 weeks of holiday visiting I packed my machine into a big Tutto bag and stuffed fleece all around it.  Then I added a tool kit so I could spend my spare time making the teddy bear quilt featured in last week's post.  The rest of the room was left in hurricane status as I stepped out to pack suitcases.

But why was a space heater in the way?  When we got home we had very cold weather down to minus 10 degrees.  Our radiant floor heating was out due to an electrical short so we had five space heaters and the electric oven going to keep us warm.  The space heater that attacked me was in shadow at the doorway and I forgot it was there as I went scurrying into the room to get to work.

All I can offer today is a photo of the disaster called "My Sewing Room."  Does yours ever get this way?  I am generally an orderly person, but there are times when things simply get out of hand. The sewing machine is on the floor until I clear off the table.  However, with this mess in the way it was a good time to send my Gingher scissors off to the company for sharpening.  That takes two or three weeks, but I will have my shears and embroidery scissors in pristine condition.  They have cut a lot of fleece lately and that is deadly to the sharp edges.

Yipes!!
 Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you peace and order.

PS.  Monday pm.
I have a fractured big toe, but it is just taped to the next toe.  It only hurts if I bump it or bend it.  I should be able to sew.  Today I am off to get a haircut instead of sewing.

6 comments:

  1. I hope the doctor has good answers about your toe tomorrow! Amazing how such a relatively small digit can cause you so much pain. Your quilting space looks wonderful...what are you talking about?? Mine looks like a real hurricane went through it and I haven't been in it for 2 years!! When I can finally go home, I'll have to give it a good cleaning before I unpack my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't envy your clean-up. At least I can see where to start on my space.

      Delete
  2. ooowwweee, Rest Ice Compression (well..) and Elevation. Hope you feel better very soon. My sewing room looks like yours, full of creative clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope your toe heals quickly! What a pain.... My sewing room is a disaster area right now, I don't think yours looks bad at all! It would make me happy if mine looked like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! I hope your toe is quickly feeling better! Love those curtains in your sewing room! Happy healing and sewing - when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your fall Mardi and hope you'll heal quickly. My studio is a mess right now also!

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...