Sunday, January 19, 2020

Happy New Year

It is a New Year and my blog has a new theme.  This will take some getting used to as Blogger has made some changes and I am not up to speed on them.

Sewing?  Not yet.  We spent Christmas in Salzburg, Austria, and it was magical to explore some of old Europe.  We attended Christmas Day service in the old, gothic Salzburg Cathedral.  We walked through catacombs cut into a cliff, toured a Fortress high on a ridge, and joined the crowds at the big, outdoor Christmas Market where vendors sold local food and gift items.  We drove into the Austrian Alps to visit Hallstatt, a quaint, salt mining village.  We rode the funicular up to a high point on the mountain for a stunning view of the mountains and lake. Most of all we enjoyed being with family.

Catacombs

Main alter in Salzburg Cathedral

Hohensalzburg Fortress

Austrian Alps
We came home and immediately came down with the virus that my oldest grandson shared with the family over the holidays.  It was a miserable cold, but I'm feeling better now.  That is why I have not been sewing.  I just didn't have the drive to work at it.  Now I can't move forward until I get some batting for that forever quilt that I have been working on since the beginning of time, but it is ordered.

Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you health, happiness and finished quilts this year.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Austria!! Your pictures are stunning!! Colds are just so miserable...I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you get back to playing with fabric soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved Salzburg! We stayed at a converted monastery - no TV, or phones, and oh so quiet.
    Did you tour the beer factory or go on a salt mine tour? Those were two highlights of our trip.

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...