Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Aftermath.

Walking on the beach, almost dumped by a wave, seeing dear relatives, eating an awesome Thanksgiving dinner, seeing grandkids, hiking in Joshua Tree National Park, driving across the Mojave Nat'l Preserve, 300 miles of gridlock north of Las Vegas, enjoying the red rock canyon of Moab, returning home to our Dixie dog and the mountains (even if they are hiding in the fog). Wonderful memories and lots of pictures.

Joshua trees - a variety of yucca!
Piles of eroded rock in Joshua Tree National Park.
Monumental hunk of red rock.

Colorado River and the red cliffs of Moab, UT.
I haven't gotten back to sewing yet, but will tomorrow.  DH ran over to our storage and brought home a styrofoam board to put behind my design wall, which is currently the backside of a tablecloth. I decided I would like to be able to put my paper-pieced blocks up by sticking a pin through them.  They won't stick to the flannel with paper on the back.  With styrofoam in back I will have the best of both worlds.

Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you time to energize in the midst of the coming holiday chaos.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I have a lot more to process, but it is fun to see them come alive. Almost as good as watching a quilt grow.

      Delete
  2. Those Joshua trees need to translated into fabric. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. Unfortunately, I find that landscape quilt art is not my forte. I do love photographing them however. They are very interesting.

      Delete
  3. There's a quilt in those photos.

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...