Sunday, November 5, 2017

Stitching Away

Progress on the second incarnation of my quilt is going beautifully.  Happy dance!!  I took time to figure out how many of each kind of block I need.  There are three end pieces on the pattern that are different colors so every block is not quite the same.  Having a plan to do a bunch that are the same is speeding up the process.  Chain stitching with paper piecing does not work for me, but doing several  blocks that are alike helps in the efficiency department.  Today there are no problems to address and no photos of any interest.

I mentioned a while back that I make birthday and graduation cards for my grandchildren with photos of them.  I use Photoshop to create collages.  Reports are that the kids love them so that is gratifying.  One of my readers expressed interest in my cards so I will use today's blog to share some.  I know, they have nothing to do with sewing, but they have everything to do with creating.  I get antsy when I don't have anything creative going on.  The cards are each printed on half of an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of card stock and are folded in half.  Below you can see the front and back.  On the other side of the paper (the inside of the card not shown here) are a couple more photos and a personal note.





Sew some happy seams today.  I wish you time to spend with your family.

1 comment:

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...