Sunday, November 17, 2019

Withdrawal

My sewing machine is in the shop for annual service and hopefully a fix for the cranky start button.

I finished the Mayan mask although I will wait until I attach it to the fabric before adding the feather headdress.  Can't proceed until I have my machine back.

Mayan mask without feather headdress.
I started working again on the Christmas bow for my collie Lady.

Photo that I am copying into a quilt (dog herself is done).
I have tried piecing.  I have tried painting with acrylic and Paintstiks.  I have tried different fabrics.  I just can't get it right.  The fabrics don't give me enough contrast and/or shine and painting the highlights comes out looking stupid.  My last hope is that Spoonflower might help.  I uploaded the photo of the bow and it fits on a "Test Sample" for only $5.  If that works I will cut that whole bow and fuse it onto the dog's head.  Stay tuned.  It will be a couple of weeks before I get it back.


I have a photo of a gaillardia that I have wanted to do for a long time now.  It looked so bedraggled, but I took the photo anyway.  It is interesting and unique.  Maybe now is the time to start a small project.  More fusible and cutting.  I have plenty of fabric for it.

Gaillardia
Sew some happy seams this week or join me with a fusible project.  I wish you creativity.


8 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your mask. Look forward to seeing the feathers added! Your quilt of lady will be amazing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mask is fabulous!! That flower will be a fun challenge for you while you wait for your machine to be returned. Always is difficult when your sewing machine is in for repairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was something different and I enjoyed putting it together.

      Delete
  3. Spoonflower was a smart idea -- I hope they're able to produce what you're looking for! Great shot of the flower ... I like the rather bedraggled state ... it's real! Your mask is awesome -- great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! He turned out awesome Mardi! Hope your machine enjoys it's spa treatment - I think I'll take mine in next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My machine should be done by now but I haven't heard from them. I'll call on Monday and nag a bit. Meanwhile I am fusing and painting. That's fun too.

      Delete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...