Sunday, December 15, 2019

Short and Sweet

The holidays are grinding down on me and I have a lot to get done so this is a short offering today.

I spent two or three days getting my appliquéd flower and dog off the bed and fused down.  First I scattered scraps of fusible here and there on the wrong side of the backing fabric and then fused the batting to it.  The final step was to fuse the flower and dog to their appropriate batting and backing.  Now they won't be lounging on the bed and in danger of getting messed up.  I hung them both on my design wall and they are ready to quilt when the holiday busy-ness settles down.

So...what to do with my time?  I don't want to get deeply involved at this point so I made some really cute ornaments that I saw on a blog last week.

Origami hexagon ornaments
Pardon the threads - I left them attached to sew on the buttons
.
Here is the U-tube video that shows how to make them.  I spent about 1-1/2 hours making five of them.  Easy-peasy!  They all need a button to cover the raw edges in the center.  I went to Joann's and bought buttons specifically for them.  When I got home the buttons were not in the bag or in the car.  They must have fallen out of the bag into the cart when I left the cart in its parking area as I left the store.  Bummer!! Big Time.  I live over 1 hr away from Joann's and the snow began to fall so no buttons with which to finish the ornaments in time for the photo.  I'll hit Hobby Lobby when I venture down the canyon for a haircut in a couple of days.  Hopefully I can find something there that I can use.  I intend to have them ready to hang on a Christmas tree before the big day.

That's all folks.  I've been doing other things with my time lately...you know, like cooking, cleaning, laundry, shoveling snow.......

Sew some happy seams this week if you have time.  Enjoy the holidays, family and friends.


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hexie ornaments. How beautiful they are! Thank you so much for sharing the link. Me thinks I need to have some of these pretties hanging in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy making them. I can't wait to get some shiny buttons on mine to really bring them alive.

      Delete
  2. These are so fun to make! I made a few myself! The buttons are the best part! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some pretty, shiny stars, which will attach with a colored bead. I think they will be cool and really dress them up without detracting from the folded star.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful ornaments, Mardi - Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...