Sunday, October 21, 2018

Down and Out

I was stitching away enjoying my time and an audiobook.  Frustration took over as my needle refused to pull the bobbin thread up.  Re-thread the machine.  Nope.  Change the needle.  Nope.  I probably messed up the timing trying to micro-stipple over heavily layered fabric.  I  called my wonderful repairman.  Would you believe that he and his wife sold their business, retired and moved to Vegas?  I had no clue.  The new people will take a look at my machine, then transport it to a town 40 miles north.  I can have it back in three weeks.  What?!!  Forget that.  Ed would have had it fixed by the next day.  I found a new shop, BabyLock dealer and repair person in a different town, but same distance for me.  Hopefully they can help me in a more timely manner.

So....what do I do now?  I have another birthday card to make in Photoshop and/or I can do the prep work for my next quilt.  I plan to do another collie.  I really enjoy doing dogs.  I also have a photo of a raccoon that would be fun to do.  If the machine needs more time in the repair shop I may even start cutting bits of fabric.

Lady
I packed up the machine and headed down the canyon.

Prognosis:  The timing is fine.  The needle slipped off center.  The repairman is also replacing the circuit board that controls the On/Off button, which has not been working well.  Full service too with a one year guarantee.  Two weeks.  Grrrrrr!  My "studio" looks undressed.

Well, I will use my time to prepare Lady for a new life in fabric.  She was a wonderful, sweet pet.  That ribbon is going to be pain to create.  I'll have to think about that.  Any ideas out there?

Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you a week of no mechanical problems.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never had a sewing machine service take more than a week! I guess that having a back-up machine is not just a luxury, but a necessity!! I see lots of prep work in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prep work on Lady has begun. I took the machine to a big-ish company. I was afraid to try a small shop without a recommendation. I liked the people I dealt with so we will see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mardi! Aww, what a sweet photo of Lady. I'll bet she enjoyed wearing that bow and hearing how pretty she looked. I love dogs. I am so sorry to hear about your machine. Two or three weeks!!!! That is way too long. Good grief. You might as well go on vacation or something. I would be in withdrawal mode for sure. I'm sure they will call if they get it finished sooner?! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacation would be nice, but we are retired in a little mountain cabin so I feel like I am always on vacation! I am in withdrawal, but it will be fun to start working on Lady. I already made the full size print.

      Delete
  3. It's a pain to be without a machine. I work in a shop that offers repair services, and it's amazing to me the number of machines that are brought in. I hope you get yours back quickly! I would be having withdrawal without my machine for very long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, withdrawal is present. I can't wait to get it back.

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...