Monday, March 25, 2019

Cleaning up and Clearing Out

Cleaning up and clearing out!  We all need to do that now and then.  My sewing room turned into a disaster as I flung fabric bits all over during the construction of a pillow.  Not even a quilt...just a pillow!  It was pieced and quilted... as if that might be an excuse.  I will fly with with the pillow cover to where my granddaughter's shower is, buy the pillow form there and hand stitch the last seam.  No room in my suitcase for an 18 inch pillow.   I also made a stuffed puppy for my new great-grandson, which was left resting as I waited for Amazon to deliver the stuffing.  Now all is done.

"Puppy Dog Pete" designed by Pauline McArthur
(kit purchased from AQS)
I spent two hours sorting material ready to put some away.  The rest is tidied up ready for anticipated use in the near future.  There were also numerous spools and cones of thread to return to their respective boxes.

Now what?  Next I hemmed my dress for the wedding.  It is the weirdest material.  There is no hem...it is just cut off.  That makes it easy.  I will have to hem the lining however, but I can do that by machine.  The best part of the dress is that is doesn't wrinkle.  I bought it in CA and packed it into my suitcase very squished.  Not a wrinkle when I got home.

Originally I wrote this during great sewing weather.  We were hit by a major snow storm with over a foot of snow.  It was gorgeous.  Some places near us were pummeled with 90 mph wind, but for some reason we escaped that part of the storm.  I couldn't walk the dog when there was so much ice on the roads, but we had fun romping through the deep snow in the yard.

Our magnificent icicles.
I have finally returned to quilting my quilt.  Endless, but fun all at the same time.

Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you time to enjoy the outdoors as well as time to sew.

12 comments:

  1. What a cute stuffed dog. My grandmother made each grandchild a stuffed animal. Just a good memory. Yours will love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pattern into. That stuffed puppy is SEW adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not envy the icicles. Alabama life suits this Michigan transplant. Oh, love the doggie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The icicles are pretty. It is the ice on the road that I don't like because I walk everyday. Still snowing up here on the mountain!

      Delete
  4. That puppy is all the sweeter for the fabric you chose. Takes an artist to do something original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit for the fabric. I thought I ordered a pattern but it turned out to be a kit with fabric included. However, it was the fabric used for the photo that induced me to buy and make the puppy. Can't complain...I too love the fabric.

      Delete
  5. That puppy is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...