Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't have, but fixed it with a ziz-zag.  Finally I was trimming an edge and cut it too deep.  I was thoroughly frustrated!!!!!!!   

I am very goal oriented and don't give up easily so I got busy hunting through my patterns and found another pattern that I had done before as a knitting bag, which I love.  I made a few revisions to accommodate the fabric in the my stash and the needs of a picnic bag and got busy on it.  I cannibalised the failed bag for a few parts and added them where I wanted them.  It is finished ready for our next road trip.  

THE Bag!

Inside with paper plates stowed.

Inside showing the rest of the stuff.


I made a flatware roll, which I expect to love.  I have always carried the flatware in a plastic bag and it was a pain.  I found a simple design on the Web.  It only took me a morning to make and will work great.  Next time I will make it a little bigger, but this will do the job for now.

Roll rolled up.

Roll opened up.



I am ready to travel!.  Meanwhile my poor quilt sits abandoned.  My daughter decided to make a quilt and got a kit in Hawaii.  She wants to make this quilt for her home in Southern CA.  She is not a quilter, but did a lot of sewing many years ago.  She looked at the cutting directions and threw up her hands in despair.  I have the quilt now and have spent two days sorting through the cutting directions and organizing them so she can hopefully figure it out.  It is really simple, but she is worried that she will get something off-grain and is generally afraid to cut.  Remember those days?  I will help her get started and she will end up with a lovely quilt I am sure because she is very capable.

Go out and have a picnic.  It is still summer!





       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...