Monday, April 30, 2018

Time Travel

The weeks go so fast.  The quilt goes so slowly.  Spring seems to have come to the mountains.  We have wild pasque flowers all over our yard.  I have never seen so many.  They are small but so special...about the size of crocuses.

Pasque Flower
Another motif quilted.  This is such fun. I never get bored doing these intricate designs.  This isn't complete, but I couldn't sew today.  The feather will be repeated on the other three sides.  Those stitches really look bumpy in close up photo.  Do them over or not?  That is the question.

Motif with metallic gold and Isacord turquoise thread.
This is a busy time getting the house into Spring/Summer mode.  Pulling winter-stored stuff out of the Guest House (repurposed garage) so that visitors can stay there.  My daughter and grand-daughter are coming in another week and the sewing room has to be turned back into a bedroom as well.  To top it off we are due for snow in the next few days.  So much for Spring!

Life is never dull at our house and we love it.

Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you joy in your spring cleaning and straight lines in your FMQ.


1 comment:

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...